The Foundation focuses on supporting Canadian charities that are:
- New or emerging, but with growth potential
- Community-based and committed to connecting people
- Committed to empowering other people to become leaders and change-makers
- Operated in a manner that produces specific and measurable impacts
- Making contributions to the planet or to the community
Note: As a public foundation, we can only support Canadian registered charities, as per federal government legislation.
The Foundation disburses at least 3.5% of its investment assets annually in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency rules. The funds are donated to qualified recipients per the Income Tax Act. Each year, the Foundation’s board members decide how to distribute the funds. All funding decisions are made in line with the Foundation’s focus, mission, and values. The Foundation also provides non-financial support to select charities, including professional advice and mentorship.